ADSM-L

Re: The continuing saga of Fix Pack 17.......

2015-10-04 18:16:27
Subject: Re: The continuing saga of Fix Pack 17.......
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 3/28/96 8:07AM
Fix Pack 17 is the latest package of maintenance for OS/2 Warp.  It seems to
be highly regarded within the OS/2 community - reports around here are that
among other things, there are many performance improvements that noticeably
speed up your machine.  Lotus requires this level as the basis for Release 4
Notes Servers, so we have many people using it.

The problem is that a bug in OS/2 causes ADSM to not completely paint the
initial screen of the OS/2 client GUI.  Thus the program is not usable, and
must be cancelled.  OS/2 support took an APAR on this (PJ21756) which is still
open.  Their suggestion was to run the command line interface.  Not something
I want to tell my customers.  BTW, the problem is only on the client code -
the admin GUI is OK.

ADSM support, as an interim fix until OS/2 got there act together, came out
with an APAR (IC12349) which provided a version of the OS/2 client (at
V2.1.0.2) that would work on FixPack 17.  It is available from the FTP server.

My question is - did the changes in the IC12349 APAR get picked up in the
Level 3 ADSM client that just came out?  I haven't installed the fixpack on my
machine, and so can't test it out yet - but would like some indication so I kn
ow which code to give out to new Notes clients.  Our general process is to
test the new clients as much as we can, and then make them available to our
customers on via a server, so that new installs are at current levels.  Other
users may upgrade as they wish - we do not require them to do so.  Since I
can't easily test this configuration myself, without perhaps impacting a
production machine, I would like to know if there is an exposure.  Also, I can
see people doing Level 3, only to later install the fixpack and have ADSM stop
working.

Does that clarify the problem?

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com