ADSM-L

Warp Server

1996-03-13 16:07:21
Subject: Warp Server
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 16:07:21 EST
Jeffrey, I have just finished a redbook project using Warp Server.  Warp
Server DOES NOT come with an ADSM backup/archive client.  It comes with
Warp Server Backup/Restore, which is an enhanced version of Personally
Safe and Sound.  Warp Server Backup/REstore is an ADSM API application.
It has been updated with the proper ADSM API calls so that it's output
can be sent to an ADSM server.

The reason you see some ADSM logos and icons is so that the continuity
with ADSM is represented....I agree it can be confusing.  The Warp Server
online docs and our new ADSM redbook describe how you can set up warp server
to use ADSM storage devices.  From Warp Server Backup/Restore's point of
view, ADSM is just another type of storage device that the output can be
sent to.  From ADSM's point of view, the data can be stored on a hierarchy
of devices.

You can choose not to use Warp Server/Backup Restore, and use the ADSM
b/a client, or you can use both.  Warp Server Backup/Restore does have
a nice disaster recovery/bootable capability.  ADSM b/a can manage
multiple Warp servers.

Cyndie Behrens
IBM - ITSO San Jose
cbehrens AT vnet.ibm DOT com