ADSM-L

Problem getting to 3494

1996-03-13 14:21:07
Subject: Problem getting to 3494
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT ACS.BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 14:21:07 -0500
We're in the process of setting up a 3494.  I installed and configured
the library manager device driver in the AIX system but in attempting
to access it via the 'mtlib' command we get message:

  mtlib: Unable to open Library /dev/lmcp0: No such device or address

/dev/lmcp0 exists, has accessible permissions, the 3494 is in Online
state, /etc/ibmatl.conf is set up for an RS-232 connection, the cable
is connected, and all that good stuff.  Has anyone run into this and
know whereof its solution?
    thanks, Richard Sims, Boston University OIT