ADSM-L

Re: Problems with PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE option

1996-03-12 13:00:50
Subject: Re: Problems with PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE option
From: Larry Anta <lanta AT ACS.RYERSON DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 13:00:50 -0500
On Tue, 12 Mar 1996, Micheal Tramont wrote:
> I'm having problems activating the PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE option for
> a previously defined UNIX client (i.e. a client with an established password).

Micheal, you and I seem to be having a very similar problem.  In addition
to Timothy Pittson's advice (regarding using a command like q filespace to
force the client's initial password), you may want to look at your
client's dsm.sys and dsm.opt files.  APAR IC11651 claims that if
PASSWORDACCESS is set to GENERATE in dsm.sys, then dsm.opt should *not*
contain a NODE line.  (This may not apply to all versions of the AIX
client.)

Further (and I found this by trial and error) the node name, as defined to
the server, must be the same as is returned by the client's hostname
command.  It's not just the first first part of the hostname; it's the
full hostname.  Hope this helps.

/ Larry Anta           |  Ryerson Polytechnic University          \
\ lanta AT acs.ryerson DOT ca |  Toronto, Canada (416) 979-5000 Ext.6817 /