ADSM-L

Re: ADSM V2.1.0 install on AIX 4.1

1996-03-08 20:05:24
Subject: Re: ADSM V2.1.0 install on AIX 4.1
From: Larry Anta <lanta AT ACS.RYERSON DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 20:05:24 -0500
On Fri, 8 Mar 1996, Greg Tevis wrote:
> [...deleted...]
> I have a general question for the list...when info flashes like
> this come up...any ideas of ways we can communicate better with
> all of you (and others who aren't on this list).  This has
> traditionally been an area we've struggled with...and its even
> more challenging now that adsm is being sold through so many
> different channels.
>
> any ideas would be appreciated..thanks...greg tevis

Put a README file on the web.

A README file on *installation media* is great for late-breaking info that
couldn't make it to press.  But it was useless for this particular problem
because the bug was found after the install CDs were shipped.  Make step
one of the ADSM installation "surf over to http://..... for late-breaking
news that may affect the installation or use of ADSM."

Is this too simple?  :)

/ Larry Anta           |  Ryerson Polytechnic University          \
\ lanta AT acs.ryerson DOT ca |  Toronto, Canada (416) 979-5000 Ext.6817 /