ADSM-L

Re: 7331-205 problem

1996-03-08 10:50:41
Subject: Re: 7331-205 problem
From: Mike McCaffery <Mike.McCaffery AT BARCLAYS.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 15:50:41 +0000
John Newman - In Response

sorry John - I didnt have this problem when I installed mine.
Obvious Q's are is mt1 defined to the OS
have U the correct license for 7331-295 support
are U sure mt1 is working ?
the command I used to define the library was

define library robot libtype=scsi device=/dev/lb0
define devclass 7gb8mm  devtype=8mm library=robot format=8500c mountlimit=2 estc
apacity=14g prefix=BSGD
define drive robot mt0 device=/dev/mt0 element=23
define drive robot mt1 device=/dev/mt1 element=24

| Hi,
|
| I have come across a problem with defining a drive to ADSM.
| The drive is one of 2 in a 7331-205, which are supposed to be
| defined as elements 23 and 24.
|
| The first drive mt0 defines ok in element 23.
| When defining the second drive (mt1) as element 24 however, I get
| the following error.
|
| ANR8366E DEFINE DRIVE : Invaild value for element parameter.
|
| I have tried deleting the library and redefining everything again,
| but to no avail.
|
| Any help would be appreciated,
|
| Cheers,  John Newman

Mike McCaffery, Systems Manager,          -Tel   : +44 (0)1565 614546
Unix Systems Support Team, Barclays Bank, -Fax   : +44 (0)1565 613784
Radbroke Hall, Knutsford, Cheshire, UK.   -email : Mike.McCaffery AT
barclays.co DOT uk