ADSM-L

Re: Central Logging of Client

1996-03-06 11:50:01
Subject: Re: Central Logging of Client
From: "Mark A. Stevens" <xmas AT UXA.ECN.BGU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 10:50:01 -0600
> ADSM Development is looking into a design for centralized logging of client
> errors so they could be queried by administrators, and we would like to get
> some customer input to the design.  The initial requirement is for
> centralized logging pertaining to scheduled commands with potential to expand
> that to all ADSM client commands, whether scheduled or not.  We're interested
> in hearing what you would like to see reported from the clients to the server
> and what type of queries would be the most valuable to you.  We would also
> appreciate any other input you would like to provide to help make this design
> as crisp as possible.  Thank you very much.

Return every possible message and allow us a filter (or series of
filters) to eliminate or reroute messages. I would think that pipes
could be used for filtering and routing given some control file which
supported masking of fields.

Mark A. Stevens                           Phone:    708-235-2204
Systems Programmer                        Internet: xmas AT uxa.ecn.bgu DOT edu
Educational Computing Network             BITNET:   [email protected]
Board of Governors Universities           VMSHARE:  ECE/MARK