ADSM-L

Scheduling/ADSM

1996-02-27 11:59:41
Subject: Scheduling/ADSM
From: Mike Macioci <mmacioci AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 11:59:41 EST
  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

  We are looking for existing ADSM customers who are using an external
  scheduler to implement a complex sequence of client backups.

  I have a customer who is trying to plan/model their
  network backup requirements in quite some detail.  Their constraints
  really require an external scheduler of some sort to optimize
  client backup scheduling.  In particular, they need multiple
  clients to run concurrently, but have to choose which run concurrently
  based on the network constraints between the client and server as
  well as the target storage pool the data is likely to go (i.e. disk
  versus tape, since they have only 4 tape drives for network backup).
  Thus they need to monitor the server for the completion of one client
  then immediately start another client within the dynamic constraints.

  Please contact Mike Macioci at 860-727-6292 or
  MMACIOCI AT VNET.IBM DOT COM if you would like to share your experiences
  in this area.