ADSM-L

Re: AIX and remount

1996-02-26 05:37:54
Subject: Re: AIX and remount
From: Bernd Dammann <bernd AT FKI.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 10:37:54 +0000
On Feb 23, 12:55pm, Wendy Alberg wrote:
> Subject: Re: AIX and remount
> Bernd Dammann <bernd AT FKI.DTU DOT DK> said:
> >                 ....  Some of the users' home directories are on a
> >remote machine, and they are mounted using an indirect automount map.
> >How does one backup these directories from an AIX client?  ...
>
> Back them up from the remote machine directly.  Saves sending the files
> over your network twice: once from the remote machine to the user's
> machine, and again from the user's machine to the ADSM server.

I agree!  But there are several reason why we want the automount
solution, one of them is ISS (Interactive Session Support).  And we
still have machines where we can't get an ADSM client for, e.g. Linux
machines.  If there is NFS support, why doesn't ADSM support
automount?  We want to make our system as transparent as possible for
our users.

Bernd

--
# Bernd Dammann          <bernd AT fki.dtu DOT dk> | "Why stop now,
# Bernd Dammann          <bernd AT fki.dtu DOT dk> | "Why stop now,