ADSM-L

AIX and automount

1996-02-23 12:57:43
Subject: AIX and automount
From: Bernd Dammann <bernd AT FKI.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 17:57:43 +0000
Hi,

we have a problem with NFS mounted directories, that are mounted using
the automount daemon.  Some of the users' home directories are on a
remote machine, and they are mounted using an indirect automount map.
How does one backup these directories from an AIX client?  The AIX
client does not support the AUTOMOUNT option, and the VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT
and FOLLOWSYMBOLIC options seem to work for local filesystems only.

What is the solution here?

Thanks,

--
# Bernd Dammann          <bernd AT fki.dtu DOT dk> | "Why stop now,
# Bernd Dammann          <bernd AT fki.dtu DOT dk> | "Why stop now,