ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Througputs

1996-02-15 14:06:25
Subject: Re: ADSM Througputs
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 14:06:25 EST
> Regarding throughput, our experience has been that one of the most
> signifigant rate limiting factors is the processing power of the client and
> its ability to put data on the network.  What are your clients?  Alot of
> these questions seem to be related to Novel environments where there likely
> to be older machines.  Without knowing the clients, it might be a gross
> assumption, but slow clients will kill your throughput and there is no way
> to go faster.

Our clients are mostly 486 machines and some Macs.  The 486s
are desktop machines running Windows.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607