ADSM-L

A couple of questions concerning ADSM

1996-02-13 07:08:38
Subject: A couple of questions concerning ADSM
From: Andreas Floeter <Andreas.Floeter AT AIRBUS DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 13:08:38 +0100
Hi folks,

I have a couple of questions concerning ADSM. We are starting off with
ADSM on 2 C10 (soon they will be upgraded to C20) machines running AIX 4.1.4
each with an Exabyte EXB-480 jukebox.

   o reading through the "ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager for AIX
     Version 2 Release 1, License Program Specifications" I found an ftp
     server (index.storsys.ibm.com) which should hold the up-to-date list
     of supported devices. But I wasn't able to find the information
     about DLT support. Does anybody know the current source of the
     up-to-date information on supported devices and server plattforms? I
     am particularly interested, is Sun Solaris 2.5 with the Ultra
     systems supported?

   o since I receive the software just last week reading through the
     manuals and looking on the CDs I have the impression the are almost
     half a year old. How do I get the up-to-date software? Do I have to
     get a PTF?

   o is there anywhere a source of FAQs about ADSM?

Thanks for feedback,

Andreas Floeter

                        Andreas Floeter
Phone: +40 74 37 - 48 50        FAX: +40 74 37 - 27 55 (or 47 60)
email: Andreas.Floeter AT airbus DOT de

                Daimler-Benz Aerospace Airbus GmbH
Kreetslag 10, 21129 Hamburg; Postfach 95 01 09, 21111 Hamburg