ADSM-L

How does one reclaim backup tapes?

1996-02-12 14:06:10
Subject: How does one reclaim backup tapes?
From: Vern Maxson <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 14:06:10 EST
I have ADSM V2R1 installed, and I just set up an Administrative Command
Schedule that does a "backup db type=full".  The backup has now used all
the scratch tapes, as intended, but I fail to see any way to expire the
tapes so that I can use them over.  A logical way would have been to have
an expiration period on the backup command, but there is none.  How does
one go about keeping track of which scratch tape is used for what?  And
then, how do I tell ADSM that a particular backup tape is no longer needed,
so that it may be used again?