ADSM-L

ANS4017E Session Rejected Tcpip Failure

1996-02-06 20:53:21
Subject: ANS4017E Session Rejected Tcpip Failure
From: Dave Dickens <dave AT SSNET DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 20:53:21 -0500
Hi All,
Well, I might as well add my story to the discussion.  I have 3 AIX boxes
running aix 3.2.5 version 1 adsm client successfully.  We downloaded version
2 client to 2 of the aix boxes.  DSMC INCREMENTAL command works fine, but when
we use the scheduler (server prompted) we get the ole ANS4017E msg.

The server (MVS ESA, version 1 of the adsm server) issues session start message
and then immediately issues ANR0440W msg Protocol error on session, invalid
verb header received.  ADSM server then terminates the session with ANR0484W
terminate session message - protocol violation detected.

DSMSCHED.LOG shows the ANS4017E session rejected tcpip connection failure.  ADSM
level 2 requested a trace which we faxed to ibm.  Interestingly, in reading the
trace (as best as I can decipher...) I see an ANS4847E scheduled event failed
with return code=1. I have more stuff from the trace if anyone is interested.

Interestingly, an AIX box downstairs running same version of aix and adsm client
functions correctly!

Today the unix admin downloaded the last of the 3 boxes with the version 2
client and it immediately began receiving the same error!  As far as I know all
code was pulled off the anonymous ftp server.

Appreciate any thoughts or comments.

Yours in ADSM,
Dave.