ADSM-L

3590 Drives In a 3494 attached to an RS6K Running 4.1.4

1996-01-30 11:07:24
Subject: 3590 Drives In a 3494 attached to an RS6K Running 4.1.4
From: Keith Nelson <nelson AT ALLINA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 10:07:24 -0600
I just installed ADSM/6000 V2.1.03 under AIX 4.1.4 and attached a 3494 Tape
Library containing two 3590 drives.  When I attached the drives using a
fast-wide differential adapter (4-6), I was able to label the carts using the
DSMLABEL utility and check them into my stgpool, but when attempting to write to
the volumes using ADSM, I received a message indicating an I/O error.  The
drives are now attached through a regular SCSI-2 adapter and are functional but
slow.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Keith Nelson - Allina Health System
nelson AT allina DOT com