ADSM-L

INVITATION to join an ADSM Large European Sites (ALES) User Group

1996-01-26 11:18:32
Subject: INVITATION to join an ADSM Large European Sites (ALES) User Group
From: Francis Dequenne <syf AT ECMWF DOT INT>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 16:18:32 +0000
The European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecast, the
Leibniz-Rechenzentrum
and Oxford University Computing Services are proposing the creation of an ADSM
Large European Sites (ALES) User Group.

If your site complies, or will comply in the near future, with four or more of
the following criteria, we would be very pleased if you would join us:

a.   You are based in Europe
b.   You consider ADSM to be a mission critical system
c.   You have one or more Unix based servers
d.   You have at least one million ADSM managed files and/or support at
     least thousand clients
e.   You have a clustered or centralised storage management strategy
f.   You would like to use HSM to support large scale file systems
     (in excess of 200,000 files)
g.   You are interested in ADSM support for DCE, DFS, AFS, ...
h.   You would like to use the ADSM API
i.   A large proportion of your ADSM activity consists of retrievals
j.   You have to support heterogeneous clients

If your site  is interested in joining us, please send an e-mail to
alesug AT ecmwf DOT int before Friday, February 2nd, which briefly describes
your
site configuration and areas of interest. We will send you more information
about our goals and initial plans.

We will assess by the middle of February whether enough interest has been
raised to justify the formation of such a user group and, should that be the
case, we will arrange an inaugural meeting shortly afterwards.

Thank You for your interest.

--
Regards
Regards

| Francis Dequenne  | Systems Section                  |      /~~\  /~~\     |
| ECMWF             | e-mail: fdequenne AT ecmwf DOT int      |     /    \/
\    |
| Shinfield Park    | Tel:    (+44 1734) 499361        |   ECMWF             |
| Reading           | Fax:    (+44 1734) 869450        |   ECMWF             |
| Berkshire RG2 9AX | Telex:  (+44 1734) 847908        |     \    /\    /    |
| United Kingdom    |                                  |      \__/  \__/     |