ADSM-L

LAN-to-MVS

1996-01-24 01:46:13
Subject: LAN-to-MVS
From: Michael DeMarco <mdemarco AT TNE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 07:46:13 +0100
I apologize it this is a duplicate posting.  The digest showed that a
truncation may have occurred.

I'm in the process of reviewing  LAN - to mainframe backup software packages

Since this is an ADSM discussion list  I'd like to know how many are using
the MVS platform.   Also, in your evaluation process did you consider the
following products or any others?

Boole & Babbage Inc.,   Storage Division,  Stage 3
Innovation Data Processing, FDR/Upstream
CA-Legent, Reliance/XP Enterprise Storage Manager
New Era systems, Harbor

Our environment :

NOS: Windows NT Server, OS/2, Lan Manager..

Workstations: WFWG 3.11

Communication protocols:  NetBEUI , APPC, Named Pipes..

Host system:
MVS/ESA 4.3,  3090/600J,   RAMAC DASD,  3480-compatible silos.

Would you please send your replies directly to me and I'll send a recap to
the list once I compile the information.

Mike DeMarco,   mdemarco AT tne DOT com,   (617) 578-4093,   FAX 578-5532
Software Support
TNE Information Services,  501 Boylston St.,  Boston,  MA,  02116  USA