ADSM-L

ADSM Storage Management 101

1996-01-22 16:08:53
Subject: ADSM Storage Management 101
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 16:08:53 -0500
Date:     January 22, 1996            Time:    15:13
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (203) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
This question seems simple to me, but we can't seem to find the answer in a
This question seems simple to me, but we can't seem to find the answer in a
manual......

We are trying to allocate (on an MVS Server) a DASD Pool that exceeds the
physical size of 1 volume.  Is there a way with the VSAM define to specify
that the data set will span volumes, or should we allocate 2 data sets (one on
each volume).  If the later is the case, how do you pick up the second volume
with the administrator when you assign the data sets to a storage pool?

                        Jerry