ADSM-L

MAC client / Fileguard PROBLEM

1996-01-22 17:33:00
Subject: MAC client / Fileguard PROBLEM
From: Dave Waterson <Dave_Waterson-R2914C AT EMAIL2.SPS.MOT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 16:33:00 -0600
ADSM / Fileguard problem description

I have experienced a problem with the ADSM client on the Macintosh. Here is a
brief description of the symptoms.

    ADSM connect to server is OK
    ADSM backup started (either interactive or scheduled)
    TRANSFER BEGINS
    processing of unchanged structure is OK
    new or changed file encountered
    ADSM hangs MAC after transfering 70bytes of file or folder (this is
    always70bytes) without a BOMB dialogue appearing
    The MAC now requires a hard reset to restart.

I have tried to congfigure Fileguard with ADSM registered as a an exception
(Configure.Options.Exceptions) but the system still hangs after 70bytes.

When Fileguard is disabled from the control panel then ADSM processing of
backups works with no obvious problems.

Anyone had this problem or better still SOLVED it?

Dave Waterson