ADSM-L

Big Probs on the DB front

1996-01-20 13:12:24
Subject: Big Probs on the DB front
From: Simon Travaglia <SPT AT WAIKATO.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 1996 07:12:24 +1300
Ok, so now I have a problem.  I kept getting these :"
 asaudit.c(1867): Error 2 deleting row from table "AS.Volume.Assignment"

errors when backups were occuring.  I didn't worry too much as the problems
were in migrating from or space reclamation of a tape set we're not using
any more.

However on friday the stuff hit the fan and all migration stopped workin.

I shut everything down, did a dsmserv auditdb fix=yes

and lo and behold:

>ANR4159I AUDITDB: An inventory authorization rule specifies an invalid node
>(1) or file space (0) - the rule will be
>deleted.
>ANR4159I AUDITDB: An inventory authorization rule specifies an invalid node
>(1) or file space (0) - the rule will be
>deleted.
>ANR4230I AUDITDB: Auditing data storage definitions.
>ANR4249E AUDITDB: Missing or incorrect information for storage volume ADSM19 -
>information will be created or
>corrected.
>ANR4249E AUDITDB: Missing or incorrect information for storage volume DLT002 -
>information will be created or
>corrected.
>ANR4249E AUDITDB: Missing or incorrect information for storage volume DLT003 -
>information will be created or
>corrected.
>ANR4249E AUDITDB: Missing or incorrect information for storage volume DLT004 -
>information will be created or
>corrected.
>ANR4249E AUDITDB: Missing or incorrect information for storage volume DLT005 -
>information will be created or
>corrected.
>ANR4249E AUDITDB: Missing or incorrect information for storage volume DLT008 -
>information will be created or
>corrected.
>ANR4249E AUDITDB: Missing or incorrect information for storage volume DLT009 -
>information will be created or
>corrected.
>ANR4249E AUDITDB: Missing or incorrect information for storage volume DLT011 -
>information will be created or
>corrected.
>ANR4249E AUDITDB: Missing or incorrect information for storage volume DLT012 -
>information will be created or
>corrected.
>ANR4249E AUDITDB: Missing or incorrect information for storage volume DLT014 -
>information will be created or
>corrected.
>ANR4249E AUDITDB: Missing or incorrect information for storage volume DLT007 -
>information will be created or
>corrected.
>ANR4251E AUDITDB: Extraneous reference found - information will be deleted.
>ANR0104E asaudit.c(1867): Error 2 deleting row from table
>"AS.Volume.Assignment".
>ANR4142I AUDITDB: Database audit process terminated in error.

Now, the error I expected, the process termination I did not.

Is there something, anything I can do?

                                - Simon

THIS WON'T HURT A BIT!!!   This internet flu-shot courtesy of Simon Travaglia,
THIS WON'T HURT A BIT!!!   This internet flu-shot courtesy of Simon Travaglia,
Unix Systems Administrator,  University  of  Waikato,  Hamilton,  New Zealand.

    )--------+----+ http://prime-mover.cc.waikato.ac.nz >==========-

Classified material is considered lost when it cannot be found.
Classified material is considered lost when it cannot be found.