ADSM-L

Re: exec to merge detail node info with nodeid

1996-01-18 12:34:15
Subject: Re: exec to merge detail node info with nodeid
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT MAIL.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 12:34:15 EST
> I run ADSM/VM.  Unfortunately, as we have added users we have not always
> filled in all the contact info or kept it up to date.  Now I have >200
> clients.
>
> I would like to do a "query node" and get the list of all nodes, and then
> do a "q node nodename f=d" and pick up the contact info for each node.

Here's what I use:
:READ ADSMCONT EXEC A2
/* Obtain the ADSM node contact information

   Format of command:  ADSMCONT <number> node

      if a number is given, then ADSMCONT waits for "number" seconds for
      DSMSERV to respond.  The default is 2 seconds.

   Requires" WAIT4MSG REXX.

   wts AT maine.maine DOT edu - 11/94 - support MSG OFF

*/

parse arg node
wait = 2
if datatype(word(node,1))=='NUM' then parse var node wait node
if node='' then exit 24

parse value diag(8,'QUERY SET') with 'MSG ' msg rest
if msg=='OFF' then 'CP SET MSG ON'
address COMMAND 'PIPE rexx wait4msg' wait,
   'CP SMSG DSMSERV QUERY NODE' node 'F=D|',
   'between /                       Contact: /',
   '        /                   Compression: /|',
   'drop last 1|',
   'join *|spec 33-* 1|split|change // /|join *|strip|cons'
ret = rc
if msg=='OFF' then 'CP SET MSG OFF'
exit ret
:READ WAIT4MSG REXX A2
/* Send a command to CMS and trap any slow results via msg etc

   Pipe driver format: REXX WAIT4MSG wait_in_seconds CMS_command

   Example:   Pipe wait4msg 2 who mimi|cons

*/
trace
signal on novalue
parse arg wait cms_command
if cms_command='' then exit 2
parse value translate(diag(8,'QUERY SET'),',','15'x) with ,
   'CPCONIO' Cpconio ','
call diag 8, 'SET CPCONIO IUCV'
'CALLPIPE (end c name CMSCMD)',
   'starmsg' cms_command'|',
   'vmconio: find 00000003'userid()'|',
   'spec 17-* 1|',
   'all: faninany|*:',
   'cvmconio:  |all:',
   'cliteral +'wait'| delay| spec ,PIPMOD STOP, 1| command'
call diag 8, 'SET CPCONIO' cpconio
exit rc
:READ ENDOF SAMPLES A2

Hope this helps,

Wayne T. Smith
Systems Group -- CAPS        internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
University of Maine System   BITNET/CREN: WTS@MAINE