ADSM-L

AIX/ADSM Install/Newbie Questions

1996-01-11 18:19:45
Subject: AIX/ADSM Install/Newbie Questions
From: "R.E.Williamson" <rew AT BIT-BUCKET.TCS.TULANE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 17:19:45 CST
Hi,
I am trying to configure ADSM on an RS/6000 with AIX 4.1.  Is there
a user-written installation guide/FAQ/tips/hints document out there
somewhere?  I've seen this document:  ftp://198.80.6.2/adsm/info/adsm.FAQ
at the anon ADSM ftp server, but I want something more UNIX-specific.

I have lots of newbie questions also, if anyone would like to answer them.

1.  Is there a way to perform a weekly full backup, with incrementals the
remaining 6 days of the week?  The way to do this doesn't seem immediately
obvious to me.  I want to be able to group tapes from each week together
to send them to offsite storage.

2.  I've been attempting to define a 3480 cartridge drive to ADSM but
when I enter the "def drive" command, the console hangs, and I never
get a response.  I can type in other commands, but I get no response
for them either.

Appreciative for any help!
Robyn
Robyn E. Williamson                        Tulane University Computing Services
System Programmer                          New Orleans LA 70118
robyn AT mailhost.tcs.tulane DOT edu              (504) 865-5631