ADSM-L

Client Input Output/Sockets

1996-01-11 13:34:10
Subject: Client Input Output/Sockets
From: Lee Calhoun <LEECU AT CUVMC.AIS.COLUMBIA DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 13:34:10 EST
Greetings:

I have a question about a relatively new IBM product called IBM CLIENT
INPUT OUTPUT/SOCKETS VERSION 2 (product #5648-129).  This product,
according to description, "automatically transfers data across the fastest
technology available in your IBM Client Input Output/Sockets network of
AIX/6000 and MVS/ESA systems."   It also provides a tape server to allow
an AIX/6000 system to access a tape drive on an MVS/ESA system.

I am interested to know if anyone has used this product to get better
performance out of ADSM, and do you need to exploit the Cross System
Pipe Link (connecting an AIX named pipe to an MVS batch pipe) to achieve
any real benefit?

IBM'ers? Anyone else care to comment?

Lee Calhoun, Systems Programmer - MVS
Administrative Information Services
Columbia University
Box 700 Central Mail Room, New York NY 10027
phone: (212) 854-5119 fax: (212) 854-4043