ADSM-L

setting access to other users' files

1996-01-10 05:26:21
Subject: setting access to other users' files
From: John O'Neall <jon AT IN2P3 DOT FR>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 11:26:21 +0100
Hello,

Using ADSM/6000, we want to have separate stations for backup and
recovery, since we don't want users to be able to logon to the station
which has access to tapes and which must therefore be the one to do the
backup (i.e., the ADSM server machine).  So what we need is a kind of
administrator-level command similar to

  dmsc set access backup /home/u/username nodename username

but which would be given by the administrator in place of each user, since
the user cannot logon to the station to give the command.

Anybody know how to do this?  If not, any chance IBM can tell us how?

Thanks in advance.  John
John O'Neall                         e-mail:  jon AT cc.in2p3 DOT fr
John O'Neall                         e-mail:  jon AT cc.in2p3 DOT fr
Centre de Calcul de l'IN2P3          phone:   (33) 78 93 08 80
Villeurbanne, France                 fax:     (33) 78 94 30 54