ADSM-L

ADSM Tape Management

1996-01-09 17:35:32
Subject: ADSM Tape Management
From: Tom Hepner <hep AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 14:35:32 PST
Elvin Peterson asks:

> I'm using ADSM for AIX Version 2.1.3 and would like to know what is available
>in the way of software to manage the tapes created via ADSM Database backups
>and storage pool backups.  These tapes are being created for the purpose
>disaster recovery, so they are going to be moved off site.  I need a way to
>keep track of what's off site and when it should be coming back.

In December a new feature of ADSM was announced called Disaster Recovery
Manager.  Available now with the ADSM/6000 server, DRM provides enterprise-
wide disaster recovery management (preparation and execution).

For ordering and information, contact:
 Your IBM representative, an IBM Authorized
 Business Partner, or IBM Direct at
   800-IBM-CALL   Reference: RE001

Tom Hepner