ADSM-L

txnbytelimit / txngroupmax

1995-12-26 17:08:40
Subject: txnbytelimit / txngroupmax
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 17:08:40 -0500
Tim Pittson writes:

<---- Begin Forwarded Message ---->
     I was wondering if anybody has had a chance to experiment with these
parameters on the client (txnbytelimit) or the ADSM server (txngroupmax).
 I'd be interested to hear about any experiences (better performance, etc.).
 Was thinking of raising the txngroupmax parameter on our ADSM servers from
the default (16) to 32.
<----  End Forwarded Message  ---->

I haven't done a thorough analysis of the best combinations of these values, but
I set the txngroupmax setting on the server to 256 (max number of files in a
transaction) and the txnbytelimit setting on the client to 25600 (max number of
KB in a transaction) and found that it did indeed make an improvement,
especially for smaller files.

Andy Raibeck