ADSM-L

Re: MSGANR0104E and AUDITDB

1995-12-22 10:25:21
Subject: Re: MSGANR0104E and AUDITDB
From: "Michel.Gaillard" <Michel.Gaillard AT VZ.CIT.ALCATEL DOT FR>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 16:25:21 +0100
=>      IBM Germany has opened a problem record and because I felt that this
=>      could be a serious problem, I have contacted Mr. Warnicke, a systems
=>      engineer (yes, they are not extinct, still there are some of these
=>      very useful people) of IBM Mainz. He contacted Dave Crockett
=>      immediately and after only a few hours I have received a list of
=>      diagnostic commands to run. After reviewing the diagnostic output Dave
=>      Crockett advised us, how we could repair our db without the time
=>      consuming AUDITDB. What we had to do was a partial DUMPDB and a
=>      partial LOADDB. I do not want to describe these undocumented commands
=>      in detail. I only want to say that we could repair our 3 GB database
=>      without a time consuming AUDITDB and be online again in time. So my
=>      recommendation is:
=>
=>         CONTACT IBM SUPPORT PEOPLE
=>

Hello IBM Support People ,

Do you think you can provide us with such a procedure to help us recover
from messages like the following during a restore of a filesystem ?

ANR9999D IMUTIL(1050): Row for backup object 0.4848192 not found.

Our DB seems to be corrupted (at least looks like it is) : here are some
messages from
a magic time consuming Show command :

Object           : Backup.Objects
Number of Columns: 13
Key Columns      : 8
Partition Columns: 4
Scanning sequentially, checking index
Scanned 10000 entries
.
.
.
Scanned 1100000 entries
Index integrity error, row found scanning, but not via. index
'Hidden' record found in page 256185, entry 0
Left sibling = 54667, Right sibling = 214760
(35) (c) (1) (2) (nn<``n%,01,>(&(*[!^

) ((&(*[!^

) (1) (0, 49fa3c) (^

) (NULL) (
                                            ) (bodeven1n111ootot3Ne"N]) (1)

.
.
.

I'm posting this message on this list 'cause our local IBM support seems unable
to contact somebody from the labs who could help us ...

Xmas is coming pretty soon and I'm somewhere always believing in SC ....
especially concerning ADSM !!

Cheers, Michel

--
Michel Gaillard