ADSM-L

ADSM V2.1.01 client on OS/2 Warp V3 hangs after backup begins.

1995-12-21 15:25:59
Subject: ADSM V2.1.01 client on OS/2 Warp V3 hangs after backup begins.
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 15:25:59 EST
From: Mike Knight, DCS-East, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                       KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

On 21 Dec 1995 at 13:10:29, John G. Talafous asked about:

>ANR0481W Session 1096 for node TALAFOUS (OS/2) terminated - client did not
>respond within 60 seconds.
>
>I have tried things like altering TCPBUFFSIZE, TCPWINDOWSIZE and
>SLOWINCREMENTAL.  All to no avail.  Does anyone have any ideas, please?

Check the ADSM server options for COMMTIMEOUT.  On AIX servers the default
is 60 seconds and we have had to increase it for large clients.  There is
also IDLETIMEOUT, but it doesn't sound like this is related your problem.

        Mike (Not ADSM support) Knight