ADSM-L

DLT tape support in ADSM ?

1995-12-20 04:23:08
Subject: DLT tape support in ADSM ?
From: Ole Holm Nielsen <ohnielse AT FYSIK.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 10:23:08 +0100
Dear ADSM users,

We're considering buying the ADSM software from IBM for our RS/6000
workstation network, including SP2s.  We would prefer a tape jukebox
based upon Digital Linear Tape technology, such as the Quantum
DLT-4700.

Does ADSM support the DLT-4700 tape jukeboxes ?  I haven't found
out from IBM yet if this is so.

A second question:  ADSM clients are available for Sun Solaris
workstations.  Does anyone know, if ADSM is available for SunOS
4.1.X (also known as Solaris 1.1) ?

Thank you very much,
Ole H. Nielsen
Physics Dept., Technical University of Denmark

% Ole Holm Nielsen
% UNI-C, Building 304
% Technical University of Denmark, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
% E-mail: Ole.H.Nielsen AT uni-c DOT dk or Ole.H.Nielsen AT fysik.dtu DOT dk
% WWW URL: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/ohnielse.html
% Telephone: (+45) 45 88 39 99 (dial-tone) 2404