ADSM-L

Re: Pending enhancement to Retrieve - Reply to Clemens Milz

1995-12-15 00:19:45
Subject: Re: Pending enhancement to Retrieve - Reply to Clemens Milz
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 10:19:45 +0500
To Clemens Milz - I tried replying to your ID and got a delivery failure. So
I'm posting it on the ADSM list server so you don't think I'm ignoring you.

>the OS/2 CLI is doing this I think. A
>
>        restore -subdir=yes x:\xyz\* y:\abc
>
>is building/restoring the subtree under x:\xyz to a:\abc. Am I
>missing something? Did I understand you wrong?
>
>And please, would you mind announcing when and where you have put
>your tools onto the ftp server? I am very interested in.

To the best of my knowledge, the -subdir option does not rebuild the
subtree as you described. Instead, all files in all subdirectories will
be restored directly under y:\abc.

Or, have you tried this, and found that it works as you say? I haven't
tried it recently, but I seem to remember that this was a limitation.

And yes, I'll announce when and where I put the ADSM tools.

Take it easy,

Andy