ADSM-L

ADSM/6000 Server move

1995-12-14 08:10:59
Subject: ADSM/6000 Server move
From: "Norman W. Russell" <nrussell AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 08:10:59 -0500
    Thanks to those that have replied to my previous append on moving
my ADSM/6000 server. I have come up with one more question that I need
an opinion on:

    Caching is enabled on my BACKUPPOOL and ARCHIVEPOOL. When I use the
DUMP DB to unload the ADSM database to tape and do the LOAD DB on a
different ADSM server with the exact same library/device/drive definitions,
what is ADSM going to do when there are no cache files? My plan was to
just bring along the sequential media(tapes/CDs) and not copies of what's
in the BACKUPPOOL and ARCHIVEPOOL. What do I need to do in this situation?

Thanks,
Norm Russell   (Internet E-Mail  nrussell AT vnet.ibm DOT com)