ADSM-L

NO SUBJECT

1995-12-13 16:22:23
Subject: NO SUBJECT
From: Tammi Belcher <TBELCH AT SCM1.BEMS.BOEING DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 13:22:23 -0800
 ADSM does not currently support Macintosh files stored on an NT server. I am
 trying to find a temporary work around until the support is provided. Our
 current approach is to segregate the Macintosh files into their own directory.
 When a backup is run on the NT, this directory is excluded. A second ADSM
 client is installed on a Macintosh workstation that is logged in to the NT
 server. A backup is run including only the Macintosh directory on the NT
 server.

 This solution is technically feasible, but creates changes to a standard
 working environment. This creates extra overhead that is unacceptable to the
 customer.

 If anyone else has had this problem and has found an easier work around. Your
 input would be much appreciated. We are working to a very tight deadline to
 provide a backup solution for this customer.

                         Thanks,
                         Tammi
    "Things which matter most must never be at
      the mercy of things which matter least" - Goethe