ADSM-L

Re: Help on message error

1995-12-12 19:57:06
Subject: Re: Help on message error
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 05:57:06 +0500
Robert Ouzen asks:

> When I load DSMC.NLM on a Novell Client I got an error message as:
>
> Loader cannot find public symbol: NWLstrstr
> Load file referenced undefined public variable.
> Module DSMC.NLM not loaded.
>
> As anyone have a clue !!!!

I've been told many a time that I am clueless. But I'll take a shot at it:

Before loading DSMC, you have to load CLIB.NLM and TSAxxx.NLM, where xxx
depends on the version of NetWare you're running. We use NetWare 3.11 and
3.12, so for us it's TSA311.NLM and TSA312.NLM, respectively. For NetWare
4.x, I believe it's TSA400.NLM. If you are already running these, then
check to see if the maintenance is down-level, as it is possible that down-
level code could be the source of your problem.

IBM provides the latest versions (at the time the ADSM code is released)
of these modules on disk 2 of the NetWare client.

Andy Raibeck
Connecticut Mutual
203-987-3521