ADSM-L

ADSM Novell Client

1995-12-08 12:31:54
Subject: ADSM Novell Client
From: Chuck Mattern <cam03 AT CPPCCAM03.HOMEDEPOT DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 12:31:54 -0500
Greeting everyone,

I'm new to the list and wanted to pose an initial question or two.

I'm running attempting to set up ADSM as the primary backup facility
on our network.  We have the server running under MVS, this part I
don't know much about and I have one of the IBM Systems Engineers
supporting that part of the beast.  I will have have the client
software running on about 37 Novell Netware 3.1[12] file servers,
around 35 HP 9000's, two Sun's running Solaris, and probably several
other platforms, as time goes by.

My initial problem is that we have over 5000 Novell users here and
only two Dedicated Netware Admin types.  File restores are done by PC
support personnel and as I try to implement this project I know in my
heart that even if I can train the present staff to handle the Netware
client interface the turn over in that area will make the training a
full time job for me.  Has anyone seen or developed a more helpful
front end?  I don't need a gui or anything like that, just a menuing
interface.  Something approaching the Novell Admin look and feel would
be perfect.  Menu's of available function that use pop-ups to drill
down into the more detailed functions.

If this does not exist and there are any ADSM/Novell developers on the
list I would like to discuss such a project.

Looking forward to any feedback on this and hoping to be able to
contribute myself as time goes by.

Regards,
Chuck Mattern

Chuck Mattern             "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.."
cmattern AT homedepot DOT com    -Friedrich Nietzsche-
2727 Paces Ferry Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30339