ADSM-L

Re: Verbose vs quiet reporting modes

1995-12-01 09:57:56
Subject: Re: Verbose vs quiet reporting modes
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 09:57:56 -0500
Bob Klein says:

> Despite what the documentation says to the contrary, in  fact
> the verbose/quiet options also affect what gets sent to the log
> file.

> > I'm pretty sure that VERBOSE/QUIET just affect the screen display. You
> > should
> > be able to get the info you need out of the DSMSCHED.LOG and DSMERROR.LOG
> > files. It might even be useful to write some kind of script to process the
> > files on a daily basis, and mail the the pertinent info to your e-mail ID.

Agreed. Actually, when I went back and re-read the doc, its a little vague.
But my point was that if the person who originally asked the question was
interested in finding out the completion status of the client, and maybe
look for backup errors, that info *is* in the dsmsched and dsmerror log files.
I should qualify this by saying that I tested on the OS/2 V2 R1 L0.1 client.
I use the ADSM/MVS V2 R1 L0.3 server.

Andy Raibeck
Connecticut Mutual
203-987-3521