ADSM-L

Verbose vs quiet reporting modes

1995-11-30 13:00:32
Subject: Verbose vs quiet reporting modes
From: Susan McClure <smcclure AT IS.RICE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 12:00:32 -0600
I am using ADSM/VM V1.  When I back up unix nodes ( chrontab invoking
 dsmc sched ) with the verbose option I get tons of stuff.  We are working
to filter that and strip it down to something useful.
But... if I use the QUIET option....all I get is the IBM copyright for the
start of the session unless there are some major errors to report.
I was hoping for a little more info like "completed successfully" with the
quiet option.

Is this a bug or working as designed ???  Do others see a completion message
when they use the quiet option ??