ADSM-L

Re: Unix Recovery Procedures (using ADSM)

1995-11-29 19:56:20
Subject: Re: Unix Recovery Procedures (using ADSM)
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT NETCOM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 16:56:20 -0800
At 09:00 AM 11/28/95 PST, you wrote:
>Does anyone have full recovery procedures for various UNIX platforms
>(eg, AIX, Sun, Solaris, HP-UX, Sinix, ATT/NCR)??  For example...
>
>* what utilities are used to create a bootable system (or do you
>  install the system from scratch)?
>
>* when using ADSM to restore the rest of the data, are there any platform
>  specific suggestions or recommendations (eg, files to be excluded from
>  restore, etc)
>
>* any other backup or recovery recommendations for given unix platforms
>  based on your experiences?
>
>We are trying to start addressing this area of full recovery with ADSM...
>we have a jumpstart on many platforms (OS/2, Windows, DOS, AIX)...but
>there seems to be a dearth of info available on recovering various
>UNIX system platforms (and we have limited access to these platforms
>in development).  Any input, simple or elaborate, would be greatly
>appreciated by many.  Thanks...Greg Tevis

Greg - please pass any information you have concerning this topic to me. I
am currently
working on a redbook for the ITSO concerning ADSM, HSM and Disaster Recovery. I
would be willing to include this info in the redbook if you get any.. Call
me at 8/577-4470
or send it to DDCANAN @ SFOVMIC1.
* Dave and Kathy Canan         ddcanan AT netcom DOT com   **