ADSM-L

Re: NO SUBJECT

1995-11-28 15:50:22
Subject: Re: NO SUBJECT
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 15:50:22 -0500
Tony Tom asks:

>     Anyone know if there is a way to get adsm to list all tape volumes that
> would have been created with a certain "create date"?  We had a problem with
> our tape catalog, and this would be helpful to validate integrity.

If you are using the VOLHIST option (coded in your ADSM server options file)
the QUERY VOLHIST command might be of assistance. The syntax includes options
for specifying date and time filters, so you should be able to zero in on
tape activity for the date(s) in question. There is also a TYPE option in
this command that you might want to look at.

If you aren't using the volume history option, you can try searching the
activity log (provided that your activity log retention is set large enough
such that the records are still available). Refer to the QUERY ACTLOG
command. The date and time filtering options may be of use, as well as the
MSGNO option, which lets you search on specific messages. Some messages that
pertain to newly created tapes include ANR1340I, ANR5323I, and ANR5333I.
These are not all-inclusive, just something to get you started. Remember,
when coding MSGNO, just use the numeric portion of the message (i.e.
MSGNO=1340, MSGNO=5323, MSGNO=5333, etc.).

You mentioned finding info on newly created tapes, but don't forget to
consider any tapes that may have been deleted by ADSM, if you're using the
tape deletion exit.

Hope this helps,

Andy Raibeck
Connecticut Mutual