ADSM-L

Available: Reclamation Script for Seq Media

1995-11-27 17:13:00
Subject: Available: Reclamation Script for Seq Media
From: "Stokes, Van Jr." <sbluvks AT SMMIPO1.SMMI DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 14:13:00 PST
If you are like me and have a tape or optical library that only contains
one drive, you know that ADSM can not do reclamation of your volumes.

I have written a script to circumvent that. My script uses the ADSM
administration client to move data from the sequential access media
volume (tape, optical) to a random access media storage pool (disk) and
back to the sequential access media storage pool.

Basically, what it does is CONSOLIDATES data on many volumes on to fewer
volumes.

I have only tested it with my IBM 3995-A63 optical library on my RS/6000
running AIX 3.2.5. But, it should work with tape library's and people
using a single tape drive.

IBM has even requested and received a copy of it....

My script is free and you are welcome to it.
Please send an email and I will reply with the script uuencoded.

All documentation is in the script.

 -----
Message for the day:
Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes
instead of old ones.