ADSM-L

NO SUBJECT

1995-11-17 12:06:16
Subject: NO SUBJECT
From: Martha McConaghy <URMM AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 12:06:16 EST
Announcing a new list related to ADSM:  ADSM-R AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

This list has been started by myself and Jeff Robbins in order to facilitate
bringing ADSM customer requirements to IBM.

During SHARE 95 there were many things discussed regarding the ADSM
product line.  One point of note was that there is no specific place
to discuss requirements for all of the platforms.  The ADSM-L list
would get cluttered if we were to discuss requirements on that list.
Therefore, we have created a list, specifically for the purpose of
discussing requirements for the ADSM product line.

The discussion on this list will be tightly focused
on requirements for the product, general requirements, that is, not
only SHARE requirements.  This discussion is not restricted to
SHARE members only, but there will also be NO guarentees.  Just because
you ask for something on the list, does not guarentee that it will
become a formal requirement.

A group of SHARE volunteers will meet to hammer out formal SHARE
requirements, using the list discussions as base input.

It is our feeling that is a good medium for taking a look at the
requirements for this multi-platform product so that the interest of
all participants are considered.

Jeff has agreed to be the lead person in this effort.  If you are interested
in leading a similar effort in another user group, or want to help with the
SHARE effort, contact him for more information.

I will be managing the technical issues of the ADSM-R list, as I do with
ADSM-L and helping Jeff out with the requirements.

Where we plan to go from here is still up in the air but we will not
be using this medium to vote on requirements.  We may make an informal
"straw polls" once in awhile, but still no guarantees.  We are looking
forward to everyone participating in this effort.

Jeff Robbins   JR0524 AT IOSA.SBC DOT COM
314-340-9334

Martha McConaghy  URMM AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
914-575-3341