ADSM-L

Version 2.1 for Aix

1995-11-14 12:20:00
Subject: Version 2.1 for Aix
From: "Esson, Paul" <essonpa AT XXEUPO13.HOU.XWH.BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 09:20:00 PST
HISTORY

We are about to embark on an upgrade project that will take our ADSM server
from
Version 1, Release 2, Level 0.6 to Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.0.  The
server hardware platform is an RS6000 390 with a C22 unit attached (2 X
3490E drives with automatic cartridge loaders).  All clients are UNIX,
number about 50 and currently include HP-UX, SunOS, Solaris and AIX.  The
Silicon Graphics client available at Version 2 will be added and all
existing clients upgraded.

Does anyone out there have experience of this upgrade path?  And are you
willing
to share that experience.?

Our plan is to install the software on a test machine RS6000 model 320E for
familiarisation, especially with the new server functions and then to
upgrade the production system.  Our final test is to be a re-install of the
Version 1 server code on the test machine leading to an actual upgrade to
Version 2.

Paul Esson
Systems  Administrator
BP Exploration