ADSM-L

Re: V2 Administrative Client for OS/2

1995-11-13 16:57:04
Subject: Re: V2 Administrative Client for OS/2
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 21:57:04 GMT
In <bitnet.adsm-l%ADSM-L%95111316343306 AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>,
MAINT%PUCC.BITNET AT vm.marist DOT edu (Melinda Varian) writes:
>Thanks for your prompt reply, Tom.  I can see how one might think that
>a list with more than 500 items is not useful, but I was finding it
>useful before.
>
>Since making my posting, I've noticed that the problem also affects the
>listing of storage volumes, so I can't get a list of my tapes either.
>
>However, I think you've missed my main point, which is that there does
>not seem to be a way to get a list of even the first 500 items.  Even
>though the message says it will display only those, nothing happens
>after I click on OK.  As for filtering the list with the Include window,
>there may be a way to do that, but so far I have been unable to figure
>out how to get there, as I always get this hang condition no matter what
>I try.
>
>Thanks for your help,
>Melinda Varian

If you have a test server you can run the os2 admin gui against that
and set the include specifications there.  I am assuming that it is
much smaller and therefore all the displays will work.

I have done this a number of times when I didn't want it to happen, i.e.
I ran against the test server and set the include spec to '*', thus making
a much larger display than I normally wanted on the production server
(1400 nodes).

To run against a test server add the -tcpport=nnnn parameter and/or
the -tcpserver={name/nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn}

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Email: BColwell AT draper DOT com