ADSM-L

Re: Auspex support and DLT libraries

1995-11-13 16:22:43
Subject: Re: Auspex support and DLT libraries
From: Gary Grider <ggrider AT C8-IBM.LANL DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 14:22:43 -0700
On Nov 13, 12:13pm, Dean Roy wrote:
> Subject: Auspex support and DLT libraries
> I am currently evaluating ADSM/6000 for use in our shop. I am interested
> in hearing from anyone who is running ADSM with an AUSPEX netserver. I
> would like information on how you are running ADSM, how is the auspex
> version supprted(any mods required), performance, etc. I guess I just
> want to know if the software runs on an AUSPEX okay!
>
> Also, I am interested in information regarding large automated DLT
> libraries. Can anyone tell me which devices are supported by ADSM as well
> as who to contact for inforamtion on these devices?
>
>                                                         Thanks in advance for
yo
> ur replies!
>
>  -------------------------------------------------------------------
>   Dean Roy                           Email: DEAN AT UWINDSOR DOT CA
>   Systems Programmer                 Voice: (519)253-4232 Ext 2763
>   University of Windsor              Fax  : (519)973-7083
>-- End of excerpt from Dean Roy

We use the adsm sun client on the front end to our Auspex machines
to back them up to adsm.  Our auspex machines total perhaps 300-400 gigabytes
of storage, on several fddi's..  I dont know the details, as I dont
deal with the auspex managers, but I see their data coming to the server
every day.

Gary Grider       Los Alamos Nationa Lab       ggrider AT lanl DOT gov