ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and DLT

1995-11-13 15:09:12
Subject: Re: ADSM and DLT
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 15:09:12 EST
On Fri, 10 Nov 1995 09:23:37 PST Dick Johnson said:
>We will shortly ship support for the Odetics 4/52 (aka 2/28),
>2640, 9/88 and 6/176. We will also soon ship Breece Hill (aka
>TTi) Q7 and Q47. We already support DLT 2000 and DLT 4000
>drives, and the Quantum DLT 2500/2700, DLT 4500/4700 libraries.
>So the answer is "yes" to all the questions. By "shortly", I
>mean in our next PTF for our V2 AIX product.
>
>We intend to add support for thr 6000 drive as soon as we get
>our hands on one.
>
>Dick Johnson - ADSM Server Device Support, IBM SSD San Jose
----
Dick,
Dick,

The v1r2m9 README files claim to support the following DLT libraries.

 ATL Odetics ACL 2640
 ATL Odetics ACL 4/52
 Quantum DLT 2500
 Quantum DLT 2700
 Quantum DLT 4500
 Quantum DLT 4700

We were very pleased to see that DLT ATL support was being added to the
V1 product.

However, your mailfile (above) states that some of these will be supported
in the next PTF for your V2 product.  As we are currently unable to move
forward to the V2 code, and because we are contemplating the acquisition of
a DLT library in the near future, I need to know specifically which DLT
libraries will be supported in the V1 code and which will only be supported
in the V2 code.  We are considering both Odetics and Breece Hill products
at this point in time.  I am hoping that all of the libraries you mentioned
above will be supported in the V1 code.

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.
..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601