ADSM-L

RETRIEVING db's from multiple RS6000 volumes

1995-11-08 12:33:24
Subject: RETRIEVING db's from multiple RS6000 volumes
From: "Peter Hadikin (HDIP9235)" <HDIP9235 AT BCITVM.BCIT.BC DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 09:33:24 PST
FROM:  Peter Hadikin (HDIP9235)
       (604) 432-8452

We are currently testing our Oracle Archive and Retrieve procedures. When we
archive our DB's we assign a description to the backup. The DB's span multiple
volumes and we are able to backup them up with a single archive command. When
we try to retrieve all the files by using the description parameter it tells
us that there are no file to retrieve. It seems we need to retrieve everything
on a volume by volume basis. The command we use is as follows:

RETRIEVE -DESC="TEST" "*"

where the "TEST" archive db's consist of data on a number of volumes.

Oh yeah, the client on the RS6000 is V2R1M1 and the VM server is V1R1L11.

Any suggestions or corrections to our procedure would be most appreciated.

Thanks and have a super day, Peter.

BC Institute of Technology
Computer Resources
3700 Willingdon Avenue