ADSM-L

Expiration processing

1995-11-08 10:43:00
Subject: Expiration processing
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 10:43:00 EST
A few weeks ago, I posted a message about how people are handling expiration
processing, particularly for larger ADSM  environments.  Many thanks to
everybody who took the time to respond.  From the responses I got and from
monitoring ADSM closely, it looks like it might be wise to manually control
both expiration and reclamation processing.   I've also noticed that both of
these processes are very disruptive if they're running while backups are
taking place (particularly expiration processing).   One thing I did notice,
however, was when I skip expiration processing for 1 or 2 days, it will run
for 10-14 hours as opposed to 6-8 hours when it runs daily.
I think we'll try alternating days and see how that works for awhile. (i.e.
expiration processing on Monday/Wednesday/Friday and reclamation processing
on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday).

Tim Pittson
pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com