ADSM-L

Re: ADSM datasets on SMS managed volumes ??

1995-11-08 03:04:49
Subject: Re: ADSM datasets on SMS managed volumes ??
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 09:04:49 +0100
> Has anyone had any problems placing the ADSM datasets on SMS managed volumes.
> We
> have just installed ADSM onto our test MVS system and have put all the ADSM
> datasets (DB, Recovery Log, Storage, etc) on non SMS managed volumes. I have
> heard that there may be problems if they are SMS managed, but I never found
> out
> why.
> Please pass on your experiences, good and bad.

Some of my ADSM data sets are SMS managed in a way similar to that reported
by Andy Raibeck. Their SMS storage class has GUARANTEED SPACE = YES
and their management class is NOACTION (expiration attributes: NOLIMIT,
NO partial release, NO backup, NO migration). I have not seen any problems
related to SMS. (I should say, that my MVS based ADSM server is quite small.)

Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                   Phone: +49(251)83-2488