ADSM-L

Re: ADSM datasets on SMS managed volumes ??

1995-11-07 09:17:05
Subject: Re: ADSM datasets on SMS managed volumes ??
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 09:17:05 EST
SMS really isn't very helpful in managing adsm data sets because
the adsm data sets are always allocated and so sms can not migrate
them.  Also, you would not want hsm to backup adsm data sets
each time they are changed.  So if you do put adsm on an sms
volume, be sure it's not one whose data sets get backed up.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607