ADSM-L

MS Window Clients Command Line Parameters

1995-11-01 18:20:00
Subject: MS Window Clients Command Line Parameters
From: "Stokes, Van Jr." <sbluvks AT SMMIPO1.SMMI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 15:20:00 PST
I am not part of this list so please reply to my email address of:
 vstokes AT smmi DOT com

I am running the Adsm client for Windows Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.0

I am running windows 95 and am trying to use the System Agent program to
kick off an Adsm incremental backup. Apparently, the Windows client
doesn't support the conventional command line parameters.

I have tried:
 dsm -incremental
 dsm incremental
 dsm inc

but the DSM.EXE program complains.
The only command line option that DSM.EXE doesn't complain about is:
 dsm -inc

This DOES start the adsm client but it never begins an incremental
backup.
It is waiting for incremental use.

I know about the DSMS (Scheduler program) but I don't want to use it.

Please help.
Thanks!

 -----
Message for the day:
Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes
instead of old ones.