ADSM-L

Re: ADSM w/ Open Transport on Mac 7200

1995-10-30 21:18:00
Subject: Re: ADSM w/ Open Transport on Mac 7200
From: "paul (p.) shields" <pshields AT BNR DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 20:18:00 -0600
I assuming you are running a 7200/90. If this is true, Apple will be announcing
within the next couple of weeks a service bulletin regarding the first
production run of 7200/90 machines. Apparantly, there is a flaw in the chip that
generates the clock signal on the 7200/90. This causes a ~chirp? in the signal
that seems to most significantly disrupt TCP/IP communications. We first noticed
and reported this problem when using an FTP client and trying to put files on
remote UNIX servers. The new motherboards went into production this week and
supply should be available within 2-3 weeks. Please contact me personally if you
are experiencing this problem, and I will let you know when Apple contacts us
regarding board availability.

Paul Shields
pshields AT bnr DOT ca